The West Yorkshire Association of Acute Trusts (WYAAT) is an agreement to work together between six Hospitals Trusts:
• Airedale District Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
• Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
• Calderdale & Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust
• Harrogate & District NHS Foundation Trust
• Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
• Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust
WYAAT was established in 2016 with the first meeting of the Committee in Common on 12 December 2016. The purpose of the association is for the hospitals to work together on behalf of patients to deliver the best possible experience of care and support.
The aim is to organise hospitals around the needs of people living in West Yorkshire and Harrogate rather than planning at individual organisational level so we can deliver more joined up care, high quality, cost effective care for patients.
WYAAT has twelve priorities covering corporate support, clinical support and clinical services each is led by a Chief Executive from one of the hospitals supported by a programme manager.
WYAAT acts as the delivery mechanism for West Yorkshire and Harrogate Health and Care Partnership’s hospitals working together programmes and also provides a strong voice for hospitals within the Partnership.